Meet Our Physiotherapists
Christy Lo Cascio
I studied a Bachelor of Health Science and Master of Physiotherapy and Graduated in 2015. I started my career working in Fairfield Hospital, and later went on to work in private practice. I had visited Mater Dei before I had graduated university and was blown away by the services offered and the beautiful children and young adults that the therapists and teachers work with. This further enhanced my passion for working with children and so when the opportunity came up for a job as a Physiotherapist at NextPath a few years later, I knew I had to take the opportunity!
Fun Fact: I can identify any 2000’s or 2010’s pop song in 1-2 seconds.
- Favourite Food? Cheesecake
- Dream Holiday destination? Spain and Croatia in the summer
- If you could be any animal, which animal would you be? A Seal
- Childhood nickname? Buddy
- Favourite TV show? Dream Home Makeover
- If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do? Buy and flip houses! And travel everywhere.
- Rate your Karaoke skills 1-10. What is your go-to song? 10 for sure! All By Myself – Celine Dion
Christy Lo Cascio
After school, I was not sure what I wanted to do, but knew I loved science, the human body and I was very much involved in sports. So I decided to study a bachelor of sport and exercise science, and increased my exposure to different avenues within the health sector.
Over the course of the degree I was drawn to helping people recover from injuries and optimizing their health, which led me to completing a Masters in Physiotherapy.
Throughout my degree, I really enjoyed my time working as a Sports Physiotherapist with young athletes at a Soccer club as well as working with the under 16’s at Parramatta Eels.
I had heard about Mater Dei right before completing my degree. As soon as I set foot in the organization, I fell in love with the wonderful work Mater Dei and NextPath do for the beautiful children and young adults at the organization. So without hesitation, I applied for the position and am very grateful to be a part of something so special.
Fun Fact: I was born on the beautiful Island of Mauritius and immigrated to Australia when I was eleven years old.
- Favourite Food? Steaks
- Dream Holiday destination? Latin America
- If you could be any animal, which animal would you be? A bird
- Childhood nickname? Zulu
- Favourite TV show? Peaky Blinders
- If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do? Pay off my parents' house
- Rate your Karaoke skills 1-10. What is your go-to song? 9.9! My go-to is 'The Scientist' by Coldplay