Work and Community Program
Supports provided in this program include:
- helping participants explore and understand their work potential.
- focus on capacity building, developing skills, independence, and confidence to work.
- are tailored to the individual and their unique pathway to employment.
- are reviewed periodically to make sure the supports are meeting the participant’s goals.
- Workplace Learning opportunities provided in a range of settings.
Our WCP program operates three days a week and supports Young Adults utilising their ‘School Leaver Employment Supports’ NDIS funding. This funding is available for 2 years’ post-school. Young Adults are able to remain in the Work and Community Pathway program post these 2 years via accessing ‘Core funding.’
Whilst we advertise this as a 'program' it is important to note that it is not a 'one-size-fits-all' approach. These supports are person-centred, individually tailored, strategies which can be implemented so participants of varying skills and needs can reach their employment goals.